Self-Care Activity

Are Things Balanced In Your Life? 


As a volunteer, you have a lot to juggle between work, community, family and your own needs. Use the exercise below to determine if things are in balance between work, community, prayer, family, and self. 


Activity:


Part 1: Each question is followed by a set of four possible answers. Rank each answer according to how you feel today, right now.

Where would you rather be?
 __ Alone at my work place
 __ Alone with my own space
 __ With my community
 __ At home with friends and family

What proves most spiritually fulfilling for you?
__ My work
__ My time alone
__ My time with community
__ My time outside of the program

What do you find most fulfilling?
__ My work
__ My time alone
__ My time with community
__ My time outside the program

What is most difficult for you?
__ Making extra time for work that needs to get done
__ Making time for the things I like to do on my own
__ Making time for my community
__ Making time for calls, letters, and contact with home

What is most important for you?
__ The needs of those I serve through my work
__ Myself and my personal needs
__ The needs of my community
__ The needs of my family and friends from home

Part 2: Did any one area seem to get high preference most often? If so, which area? Judging from your results, which areas of your current life need more attention? Are any consuming you more than they should be?

Come together as a community, share your results, and discuss tactics for balance.

http://pallotticenter.org/index.php?m=ca